CloudGeometry is a global managed services company, delivering a full portfolio end-to-end software development to VC-funded Silicon Valley startups & corporate innovators. Our clients need us to take their businesses to the next level, solving for the right mix of mobile and web app design, data migration/integration, SaaS architecture, test automation, DevOps & modern cloud infrastructure. Our proven real-world experience that gives technology startups the freedom to pursue product vision that delights their customers and rewards their investors. When you join our team to work on what our clients need, you get unmatched opportunity to put your skills to the test and never stop growing.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work closely with our client and our full-stack app development team to design & build a comprehensive data system & data service. The system should, among other things: collect user events, integrate data from the application and other sources, respond to queries from business users & AI agents, and train AI models. As the system matures, you will work closely with our data science team to improve the AI system.
- Participate in planning discussions and lead data system design discussions
- Develop and maintain data collection services as needed
- Create and maintain data lakes and data warehouses as needed
- Develop and maintain ETL dataflows
- Document service configuration, APIs, and features for use by downstream services
- Assist QA team in creating and maintaining product knowledge base
- Work closely with our US-based colleagues on system design and data integration
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years experience designing, building, and maintaining data warehouses & ETL dataflows
- Strong expertise with Linux command line and Bash
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Python, or Perl)
- Knowledgeable about various database systems, including document-oriented databases, relational databases, NoSQL, and OLAP
- Expertise with ElasticSearch
- Experience with AWS (Lambda, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Route53, RDS, Glacer, Redshift)
- Comfortable integrating with 3rd-party APIs and services
- Excellent verbal and written English (B2/C1) to collaborate with technical and business people from the USA
- Comfortable with business stakeholder interactions/discussions
- Strong desire and willingness to learn a new technology / tools / programming / scripting language without reservation
- Willingness to accept full responsibility for your own contribution to the project in order to deliver the product of exceptional quality
- Strong team player willing to be part of the cross-functional team
Nice to have:
- AWS DevOps practices
- Application of serverless technologies
- MongoDB experience
- Experience with 3rd party analytics products like Mixpanel and Google Analytics
- Experience with configuring and optimizing ElasticSearch
- Knowledgeable of Data Science techniques
- Great team of first-class professionals to work with and learn from and warm friendly atmosphere;
- Competitive salary + Above market salaries for top employees, considerable quarterly bonuses for top results;
- Full medical insurance;
- Paid vacations and sick days, flexible working hours;
- Benefits for better employee experience – Professional, Sport, Child care, Hobby reimbursement;
- Professional growth and d range of career opportunities in international business environment: Learning & Development ,
- Coaching and Mentoring;
- Unique working environment where you will be a part of our clients and partners teams.
Ready to take on commitment?
Think you have the talent, the drive, and the appetite? Let’s connect.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org