CloudGeometry is a global managed services company, delivering a full portfolio end-to-end software development to VC-funded Silicon Valley startups & corporate innovators. Our clients need us to take their businesses to the next level, solving for the right mix of mobile and web app design, data migration/integration, SaaS architecture, test automation, DevOps & modern cloud infrastructure. Our proven real-world experience that gives technology startups the freedom to pursue product vision that delights their customers and rewards their investors. When you join our team to work on what our clients need, you get unmatched opportunity to put your skills to the test and never stop growing.
We are now looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to support and drive an online advertising platform product used by dozens of thousands of advertisers across the US. The platform is an AWS-hosted solution with hundreds of VMs, different types of DBs, and offers you a great opportunity in driving state-of-the-art CI/CD, security, monitoring, and DB management. This is a great position for an energetic and ambitious professional to get to the next career step and become a member of a stable and growing international company.
We have already covered the system with CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code, downtime-less deployment and automated many key processes using the modern stack, such as AWS, Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Ansible, and Terraform.
Now we need your help in improving the cloud-based infrastructure and DevOps-related processes to push the performance of our development and QA teams to the limit. To achieve this ambitious goal, together with a team of experienced senior engineers, you will:
- Set up the best monitoring ever – unified, transparent and flexible
- Improve our CI/CD process and automation to deliver faster, more frequent and reliable releases
- Migrate databases to more secure and powerful clusters
- Migrate applications to Kubernetes
- Increase High-Availability and Durability of applications and DB clusters
- Optimize AWS costs and design more cost-effective DevOps solutions
- Make everything on the DevOps side to help our QA engineers to cover everything with reliable automated tests that will become a part of a business monitoring system
- Communicate with the team on DevOps topics (emails, weekly sync meetings, and stand-ups)
- Improve the existing DevOps processes and technologies, such as CI/CD, monitoring, logs aggregation, and security
- Participate in all DevOps decisions together with Senior engineers and Tech leads
- Required Skills and Experience
- 5 years of experience in IT with good knowledge in Linux
- Experience in maintaining a production data processing system
- Hands-on experience with git, Jenkins (with groovy pipelines),
- Docker and MySQL
- Experience with any configuration management tool (Ansible, Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, etc), Ansible preferred
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies (we use Amazon AWS)
- Bash and Python scripting skills
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to have
- AWS technology stack knowledge (VPC, EC2, Route53, CloudWatch, EKS)
- Hands-on experience with Terraform, Helm, and Kubernetes
- DB knowledge (we use MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Redis, Aerospike, DynamoDB, InfluxDB)
- US visa and desire to participate in business trips to the US
- Great team of first-class professionals to work with and learn from and warm friendly atmosphere;
- Competitive salary + Above market salaries for top employees, considerable quarterly bonuses for top results;
- Full medical insurance;
- Paid vacations and sick days, flexible working hours;
- Benefits for better employee experience – Professional, Sport, Child care, Hobby reimbursement;
- Professional growth and d range of career opportunities in international business environment: Learning & Development ,
- Coaching and Mentoring;
- Unique working environment where you will be a part of our clients and partners teams.
Ready to take on commitment?
Think you have the talent, the drive, and the appetite? Let’s connect.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com